The Demigod's Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo))

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo)) Empty One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo))

Post by Sarvani Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:12 pm

((Please let Lysander post first!!!))

Slowly peeling herself off the rocky gravel, Vani woke up in a dank allyway more confused then she had ever been. Just that previous night she and her makeshift family, Danny, Sam, and Sandra, were attacked by a 'woman' and her pet 'dog'. Although she had sworn that the pair was much more then the usual dog and owner, her family had said differently. If Danny and Sam had lived to see the morning, she knew that they would now agree with her. If Sandra was around then she knew that she would now agree with her.

As Vani rose to her feet, she began to wipe the bits of rock off her skin. Some of the gravel had cut through her skin, but instead of finding the usual red blood there was none. Replacing the red substance was a golden goo that seemed to shine. When simply trying to wipe the goo off, she learned that it seemed just like blood. It was a silly thought, but maybe some golden glitter glue had somehow gotten into her blood stream.

Daughter of Hades, a deal is a deal even if made behind the Olympian's backs, enjoy immortality.

Jumping up out of surprise then looking around to be cautious, the strong voice filled her head. Where it had come from was something unknown, but it certainly wasn't human. Not only was the voice something surprising, but the use of an ancient religion seemed a bit scary. Not that Vani knew much of Greek mythology, but she did know that main three and Hades was one of them. Hades was the God of Death who was always in the Underworld except on the solstices. He had been her particular favorite learning about when she was with the Johnsons. Why in fact they had only begun to scratch the surface of that topic before that horrid camping trip.

Disregarding the whole 'Enjoy immortality' thing, Vani cautiously walked out of the ally while doing her best not to be seen. There was no time to worry about what had happened to Danny and Sam's bodies now even though they had mysteriously disappeared. Time did allow for her to wonder what had happened to Sandra. For whatever reason, she knew that she was still alive. The last of her makeshift family was still alive. If only she could find Sandra, then her mind would be at ease.

Throughout the day Vani continued to look for Sandra instead of food. This had to be one of the dumbest things that she had ever done. From the day that she had first run off she knew that food and water were necessities and that those things came first when you're on your own. To her, finding Sandra was more important then food or water. Family came first to her, food and water came second. Ontop of all that, she knew that she was supposed to lay low. If she attracted too much attention then it would be back to another 'family', but again Vani disregarded this rule aswell as she called out Sandra's name.

Near the end of the day as the sky was growing dark, Vani knew that she needed to find a safe spot for the night. Just as she let out a final call for her younger 'sister', she hadn't been watching where she was going and accidentally ran into someone. He probably was disgusted seeing as she hadn't bathed in a little over a week and her clothes were absolutely trashed.

"I apologize sir!" Vani spoke up in the most polite tone she could think up, "I was searching for my younger sister and I wasn't watching where I was headed!" She took a step back from him, trying to give him room. Actually looking at who she had bumped into, her heart seemed to skip a beat. He looked vaguely familiar, but she had no idea who it was. He looked only about a year older then her, but surely he would see her as a little child and be disgusted at her appearance.

((Luke and I have plot ideas for Lysander and Vani! XD XP))
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo)) Empty Re: One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo))

Post by Lysander Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 am

As Lysander walked into Manhattan on his way to Camp, he wondered how long it had been there. He knew he could have got a cab there, having heard of what the Grey Sisters were now doing. But.... Well, he still wasn't that keen on automobiles. He wasn't yet used to them - centuries of horse riding can do that to a person.

He remembered centuries before, when he had recently been made an immortal. The joy of battle, but also the sorrow at the loss of his friends. The loss of his greatest friends, Leonidas, and then later, Achilles were the most hard hitting. It hadn't been until a couple of weeks ago that his father, Zeus, had claimed him. This brought back the sorrow of losing Achilles, for neither had known that the other was their half brother. Lys wondered if his father would have ever got round to claiming him if he had been mortal - not that it would have mattered. He would have died at Thermopalae if he had been mortal. However, wondering about the affairs of the gods (not the romance type ones that his father went for, just the business of them) wasn't something Lys wanted to spend his time doing.

But even though the grief at losing his friends was great, it was nothing compared to the hole in his life that losing his family had done. First, his mother had died. Then his first son, killed by a plague. His second son died a few years later, killed by a hydra. His wife was the next to die, old age taking her like it had his mother. He had thought his only daughter would have been safe, as she had joined the Hunter's of Artemis - but they could still die in battle. And she ended up been killed by a group of Laistrygonians.

His life had been filled with sorrow, but Lys knew that it had also been filled with joy. Nothing compared to the feeling of been a father (unless, perhaps, you were the mother). Been the husband of the woman you loved was a spectacular feeling, especially if you had had to wait a couple of hundred years to meet her. He had lived through ages, seen empires rise and fall. Immortality had indeed been a blessing, but the loss had also shown it's darker side, that it could be a curse too.

It was while he was lost in these thoughts that he bumped into someone. The bump brought him back to Earth (which he had always had a feeling wasn't flat). The girl who bumped into him apologised.

"Oh, no... that was my fault. I apologise." He said. Then as he looked at the girl, his eyes widened in surprise. It couldn't be.... no, it couldn't.... could it?

"Sarvani?" He asked. She was dirty and dressed in different clothes, yes. But she looked exactly like his dead wife.

Am I halucinating? He wondered. It would make sense, in a way. He had just been thinking about her, after all. But if I'm not... what is she doing here, now? Dressed like a modern person?

((Well, I hope this is OK for a reply XD ))
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo)) Empty Re: One Day You're Dead, the Next You're Immortal! ((Closed to Lysander and Deigo))

Post by Sarvani Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am

Cheeks turning red, Vani stood there, unable to move her feet to find somewhere safe to stay for the night. All she seemed able to do was attempt to wipe the remaining gravel and golden goo off of herself, hoping it wasn't noticeable. What's wrong with you? Appearances don't matter! You need to find somewhere to sleep! Although her own words rang throughout her head, she was still unable to move. He was familiar, his voice and his appearance. It all seemed familiar, like someone she had met in a distant dream.

"Well, I uhm . . . If you'll excuse me I really must be goi-," her voice stopped in it's track as he said her name, her true name. Her eyes widened and her heart beat sped up, like a cat caught in the light. How did he know her true name? The only person she had ever told was Danny, and he was now dead. Of course her 'parents' all got to know her real name, but they knew to call her Vani. Usually if someone called her by her real name she would start yelling at that person, but she couldn't bring herself to yell at this person.

"H-how did you know my name?" Vani asked, scared out of her wits. Moments after she asked, she wanted to smack herself hard. If she had just said 'No I'm afraid you've got me mistaken for someone else!' then she could be off and away. Instead she had asked such a stupid question instead. For all she knew he could be apart of social security trying to find her to put her into another 'home'. There was something in his eyes that seemed surprised though, there was no 'OMG I FOUND HER NOW I'LL GET PAID!' look in his eyes like most people had.

There was still something that he had that made her just want to simply wrap her arms around him and embrace him. This feeling was a surprise to Vani because within her life the only person she had ever wanted to do that to was Danny, and when she had tried she had been rejected and told it would never work. That they were a family of brothers and sisters, there was no time for romance. Heartbroken at first, Vani eventually got over it and told herself that there was no time for romance while on the run from everything.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:47 pm

How do you know my name? Sarvani asked Lys. He was taken aback. He had been sure that he was seeing things, but it seemed he wasn't. Sarvani wiped herself down a bit more, and the movement drew Lys's eyes to where she was wiping. He saw the golden glow of ichor, like that of his own blood. It seemed Sarvani was immortal... But if she was immortal, how could she have died of old age? It was a confusing thought.

"You look like someone I know." Lysander answered. "It must be coincidence that you look like her and share her name.... Vani died a long time ago. I'm sorry for bumping into you, and for wasting your time."

It was an uncomfortable feeling, looking into the face of someone he knew, but who didn't know him. That was why he turned around and started to walk off, in the general direction of Camp. He didn't know exactly where it was, but he knew where Long Island was, having visited New York just over a century ago. Of course, a lot had changed in a century.

He walked slowly, hoping maybe the girl that looked so like his dead wife would come after him, but also knowing that life wasn't like that. She wouldn't come after him, laughing and joking, letting him know that she really was who he thought she was. Maybe she might look like her and share her name, but he had been there with Sarvani when she had died, and she hadn't died young. The gods hadn't made her immortal then. Maybe it was one of those unusual things where you look exactly like someone from the past. Lysander had lived long enough to know that it sometimes happened. And it was just strange that she shared the same name.

Of course, while he was lost in his thoughts, a small part of his mind was focused on what was going on around him. Been a son of one of the Big Three, he attracted a lot of attention from monsters. He didn't know why the stupid things still came after him. He was immortal - they wouldn't be able to beat him! It was suicide, in a way. But the monsters did eventually reform and come back to have another go. So in a way, they too were immortal. Lysander wondered what would happen to him if he got squashed, killed like a monster. Would his body disappear and reform? If it did, where would it go? He knew that the monsters went to Tartarus, but he wouldn't, would he? He heard that when the same kinda thing happened to the gods, they were still there, and slowly pulled themselves back together.

There was a lot going on in Lysander's mind, questions he realised he hadn't asked himself before. He had been trying to escape the world for too long, to fade into the shadows and disappear, happy to let everything pass him by. There were so many oppurtunities he could have had that he had missed and never even got a chance of getting because of his self inflicted hermitage. Things were going to be different at Camp. Of course, at Camp, he would keep quiet about been an immortal. He would make a story up for himself, hopefully one good enough to convince people he was a regular mortal. He would model bits of it on his life, and would do his best not to lie outright. He would bend the truth here and there, but he wouldn't say much either, unless he was asked.

What have I been doing with my life? What's the point of living forever if your not going to do anything? I've wasted centuries of time, when I could have been doing something....
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

"L-Lysander!" The name tumbled from her mouth out of nowhere. She never knew anyone by that name, nor had she ever even heard it. Ontop of it being something that Vani had never heard of herself, she doubted that he had ever heard the name aswell. Whether or not he had heard of the name or not, it didn't matter, she had felt the need to keep him around longer. She didn't want him to leave her there alone, not yet. It had felt like an eternity ago she had actually talked with another human even though it had been only that previous night.

Now acting a bit desperately, Vani began to run after him. He hadn't gotten too far ahead, but she didn't want him to get even further away. Reaching out to grab his arm, she tripped over her own two feet and landed face down on the concrete. Slowly she tried to get back up, but found it difficult. From the attack last night and searching all day for Sandra combined it weakened the 16-year-old girl to the state of falling and making it difficult to rise on her own. She felt pitiful as she attempted to rise, but managed to get only to a sitting position.

"I'm sorry Sir." Vani's hands tightened into a fist as it rested on the sidewalk, her dirty brown hair hanging in her face with her head down. A bit of fresh golden goo seeped down her freshly cut arms from breaking her fall. "I didn't mean to waste any of your time. I just thought. . . . I knew you . . . . " At first she had sworn that she had never seen this guy before in her life, but something inside her told differently. It was the same something that made her just want to hug him. She didn't know just what it was, but she had the feeling that it had to do with the voice that had spoken to her that morning.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Lysander stopped as he heard his name been called. It seemed that the girl who looked like Vani, and had the same name, seemed to know who he was. But at the same time, it was as if she didn't. He turned around as he heard her running, and then she tripped and fell. Lys ran over to her to see if she was ok.

"How'd you know my name?" He asked, curious. To say that seconds before, Vani didn't have a clue who he was, it was quite a development. He noticed that she didn't seem to have the strength to get back up, and then he noticed the golden blood. "Your an immortal?"

This last question was said in a surprised tone. The Vani he knew definitely hadn't been... but he also knew that the underworld was real, and there was the rebirth option. Maybe Vani had come back with the same name and same looks. In a world where gods and monsters were real, it wasn't that far fetched an idea.

"Come on, lean on me. We'll find a bench or something to sit on." As he said this, Lys pulled Vani to her feet, wrapping an arm around her waist, and putting one of hers over his shoulder. He had done this many times before, on the field of battle, helping wounded comrades. Since then, medicine and healing things had come a long way. But with Vani, it looked like tiredness and lack of food may have had some effect on her.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:52 pm

"I-I. . " But the words that came to Vani's mind would not come through her mouth. The words she had thought up in her mind weren't really all that great of an explanation. That would be if you counted 'I don't know' as a good explanation. She had been expecting him to turn and ask her what she had just said then continue to walk off. Having it actually be his name probably shocked her just as much as it did him.

"That's what the voice sai-" Vani stopped herself at that word. Hearing voices was the sign of a crazy person, but then again it was Lysander who had asked her if she was an immortal. Instead of continuing her sentance, she simply nodded while saying, "That's what I was told." She couldn't help but feel crazy all the while she was talking to him.

When Vani was lifted to her feet, the normal Vani would've protested, yelled and screamed, done all she could to escape. She knew him though. From somewhere, sometime, she knew Lysander. He seemed to feel the same way, otherwise he would have no reason to be doing what he was doing for her. He had to think that there was something deeper then just what was going on. If not then why would someone waste their time to try and help her?

When they approached a bench, Vani cautiously sat down. Her expression was still that of a frightened cat. Lysander would want to question her, she knew it. He would want to know what the voice said, exactly. He would want to know more into how she knew his name. He was probably overflowing with many questions, most she would probably be incapable of answering.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 pm

As Lysander sat Vani dwon, he checked her arms.

"Ah, it's just a scratch. It'll close up in a sec." He told her. She had nodded at the immortal question. Someone had told her it, and he would have asked who, but she had also said it was a voice, implying she hadn't seen the person saying it. He wondered how long she had been an immortal. "Hows your head? Did you hit it when you fell?"

He looked at her head to see if it was cut, but he didn't see anything. He noticed her eyes - exactly as Vani's had been, all those centuries ago. He tried not to let his eyes linger too long, in case Vani thought he was been weird. Or in case she noticed the age that his eyes gave away. He looked seventeen, yes, but his eyes were the only thing that could give a clue to how old he really was.

Of course, Lys had a lot of questions to ask, but he would wait until Vani seemed better - she still seemed a bit woozy at the moment. Questions could wait til later. Right now, food, drink and sleep were the priorities. Even an immortal got hungry at times, just like a regular person.

"Hang on here a second while I go get some food. You look starving!"

He looked around to see if there were any vendors around. He didn't have time to go to a take away, or get some proper food. He found a hot dog vendor and bought three, and two bottles of water. Two of the hot dogs were for Vani, while he was having just one.

When he got back, he handed Vani her hot dogs and her bottle of water. Having money was good, and over time, Lysander had gathered quite a bit. He definitely had enough to look after himself.

"Here you go." He said, as he handed the food over. "I hope you like hot dogs. I got you two, because you look ravenous."

He could also tell that Vani hadn't washed in a few days, but that wasn't something that bothered Lys. After all, back in the day, people only used to have a bath every few months. Looking back on it, Lysander realised how stupid that was. Not only was a nice hot bath good at cleaningyou, it also helped you relax a bit.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:47 pm

"My head's fine," Vani managed to say as she kept her head down and made sure she didn't look up at Lysander. She had caught him staring at her though which only made her cheeks turn red from embaressment. She knew she looked awful and was filthy, she didn't need to be reminded of it though. Normally it didn't bother her when people looked at her and seemed to act disgusted, but he wasn't acting as everyone else had.

Just as he seemed to look away, Vani's stomach let out an earth rumbling growl. She had eaten very little the night before her guard duty, but that's because she didn't want the others to be hungry in the morning. Turns out she ended up hungrier then usual and the food that was meant to be saved for breakfast ended up going with where ever Danny's corpse had been taken. He was the one in charge of the food, being oldest just made it make more sense for him to be in charge of rationing their supplies. Sometimes, when he wasn't looking, she would lessen her own supplies to give extras to the rest of her family.

Surprise ran throughout Vani's body as he stood to find her some food. Her eyes followed him as he got up and headed for the closest food vendor. Why is he being so kind? Just as she asked herself, she knew the answer. All she was to him was information. That was all he wanted out of her. He thought that if he could be nice to her then he could get what he wanted out of her. She didn't care though, if it meant she would get something to eat then she would cooperate. She would take anything she could get seeing as she would be on her own from there on out.

When Lysander returned and handed her two hotdogs and a water bottle, she had a bit of trouble balancing the three things. When she put the bottle down it was easier to hold the two hot dogs. Biting into the first one, she did her best to eat it slowly. She hadn't eaten the equivalent to one hotdog in the longest of time! If she tried to eat them both too fast she would end up hurting herself. This truly was a difficult task for her seeing as she was immensly hungry. Finishing off the first one she opened the bottle of water and took small sips to wash down her hot dog.

About to take a bite into her second hot dog, Vani looked up at Lysander and removed her mouth from the hotdog. "Thank you," she said sincerely before taking a bite out of the hot dog.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:17 am

Lysander remembered the first time he had heard of hot dogs.... he had been concerned. Why would people kill and eat dogs when there was so much else to eat? It wasn't until later that he realised it was just a name and it wasn't actually made from dog meat. So he had given one a try and found he quite liked it. Food, too, had come a long way over the centuries. Something Lysander was thankful for - he loved the food of today. But he didn't eat enough to get fat, and his regular pratice and training kept him in shape.

As Vani finished off her first hot dog, Lys smiled. "Don't mention it. I hate seeing people go hungry."

Just as he hated seeing people live on the streets, or turn to drugs or alcohol. And even though he was a soldier, he hated battle. Yes, it was glorious, but there was so much death, pain and suffering. People died for their leaders, leaving behind wives and children. Lysander ad seen it many a time, and he had caused it as well. But in battle, it's you or them, and you act on instinct. It's kill or be killed, and seeing as Lysander couldn't die, there was really only one of those two that was valid. It didn't mean he took any joy in killing. Winning the batle, yes. But not killing, not pillaging, not raping the women of the citites that they defeated. He had refused to loot, refused to defile the women. It was wrong, and wasn't honourable. It disgusted him. In fact, when he had been the leader of a battalion of men, he had had every single one that had lotted and raped whipped. Harsh, yes. But not as harsh as what those men had done.

Mentally shaking his head to get away from the memories, he finished off his hotdog and sat back on the bench. It was a nice day, and he wanted to seem relaxed, even though he was permanently on the lookout for monsters.

"So....." he started, trying to make conversation. "How long have you been immortal then?"

He had a lot of questions to ask. But he wouldn't ask many. They could wait. After all, they were both immortal. And it had taught him patience. When you have all the time in the world to do something, you're never in a rush.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:02 am

Ahah, so it wasn't just that Lysander wanted information, but it was also to ease his own mind so he could sleep at night knowing that he had fed some homeless girl. It made Vani feel disgusted. Everything was always for whoever had done it. Nothing was ever really for another person, there was always some sort of benefit for the person who had done whatever it was. Whether it was donating some money or giving blood. It didn't matter who's mouth you'd feed, or who's life you'd save. It was all about what you would get in the end. That was why she did things that were necessary. Of course there were times when she did things for benefit, but that benefit was survival. Was that so wrong? To have the will to survive? Whether it was or wasn't, sometimes she even disgusted herself.

When Lysander seemed to come out of a daze, perhaps a memory of the past. He had asked her a question. Again it was about immortality. She didn't understand how one could even obtain it, but apparentally Vani had. What she wanted to know was how he knew about it and how he had obtained it. Might he be a God? No that was silly. According to all the bible thumpers hanging around everywhere now there was only one God and she doubted that whoever he was just handed out immortality to orphan rats living in the streets. If he did, then the world would soon be overpopulated. Then, the memory of the voice flooded back into her mind.

Daughter of Hades, a deal is a deal even if it was made behind the Olympian's backs. Enjoy immortality.

Hades was a Greek God. He was the Greek God of Death, but he wasn't real. It was improbable! Well it was actually just as improbable as there being any sort of big God watching down on them at all. But how could she be given immortality at all? She hadn't done anything so heroic that the earned it. She was no heroine like in the stories.

Just as Vani was about to answer, her vision became blurry to the point she couldn't see. A pain in her head soon came after. Gritting her teeth, she would not show any pain. Soon, she was lost. She had no idea where she was, but she knew who she was looking down on. It was a middle-aged version of herself, kneeling down at what looked like a place for prayer inside one's home.

"Please Lady Artemis, keep my baby safe." She began to sob in that exact spot, not wanting to move. She could feel the pain that her elder self was feeling, but she didn't understand. Was Vani being shown the past or the future?

"Come to bed darling, Lady Artemis will take good care of her." Lysander came into the scene as he put his hand on her shoulder. She rose up, with tears still in her eyes, and hugged him. He looked to be the same as he did when she was talking with him there on the bench.

When her vision cleared, Vani was leaning against the back of the bench, with her head tilted over the side. Did I pass out? She asked herself before straightening up and blinking at Lysander. If it was to be the future, then she didn't understand. If it was the past, then she still didn't understand. Either way she didn't understand.

"My baby . . . . Lady Artemis," Vani muttered to herself. Were those things real? Had that really happened? What a stupid question, 'Had it happened?' there was no way for that to have happened in the past. If anything it had to be the future, but something inside her told her differently.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 am

Vani didn't answer Lys's question. Instead, she gritted her teeth and seemed to zone out.

"Vani? Vani?! Sarvani!" He shook her, trying to get her out of the trance. "What happened? Are you ok?"

By now Vani had come out of her trance. She seemed shaken, and he heard her mutter under her breath 'my baby.... Lady Artemis'. As he heard this, his face paled. Vani seemed to be remembering bits of her past. He remembered when he had last heard Vani say that - when their only daughter had joined Artemis and her hunters.It was weird to think that he had had children, especially as he looked only seventeen.

It seemed now was a good time to tell Vani about herself. Well, as much as Lys knew. But he wouldn't mention the past until Vani remembered it all. If he mentioned it now, she'd probably think he was mad. And no way was he telling her that they had been married and had kids together. That would really freak her out. He'd definitely leave that for her to remember.

"Ok Vani.... You probably have questions. I do too, but they can wait." He started. "Your wondering how I can tell that you're immortal, or so I guess you are. It's pretty simple. That gold stuff on your arms isn't glitter or anything like that. It's blood, ichor. And I know this it sounds crazy, but its true. I know at the moment, I'm just a random person to you. But your remembering stuff that happened before, in other lives. The Greek gods are real, and so is the option of been reborn three times to get to the Isles of the Blest. Maybe thats what happened."

He took a deep breath and continued. "You can trust me Vani. You'll remember that soon. Your not the only immortal here. I am too...." Lys hadn't really wanted to tell anyone, but for reason, he felt he could tell Vani. After all, she was an immortal, just like him. "The only difference is, I've been around a lot longer than you."

Lys knew it would be hard to take in. He wouldn't be surprised if Vani laughed at him, or looked at him as if he was mad and ran away from him. But she had been touched by the Gods, just like him. Even if she didn't mean to, she'd be directed towards camp, and he'd meet her there. There could only be so many coincidences.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

"I'm fine," Vani said slowly as she took another sip of water. She put one hand to her temple and did her best to soothe herself as the pain in her head began to fade. What had just happened? She didn't really have an explanation to it and it didn't make sense at all.

Letting out a faint chuckle as Vani was told the golden goo on her arm wasn't glitter, but ichor. She found it all so funny, but all so real. What he was saying was true, that much she knew. The Greek Gods were real and she really was immortal. What struck her the hardest was the possibility of her having multiple lives in the past. If she had lived multiple times before, then she wanted to know what she was like then. She wanted to know how she lived then and what time period it was in. She wanted to know everything about any past lives she could've possibly had.

Now, things were starting to make more sense then they had when Vani had first awoken on the gravel. She was a daughter of Hades and she really was an immortal now. The voice hadn't lied and must've been an Olympian. Yes, that made sense. Piece by piece things were coming together.

When Lysander said that he had been an immortal longer then she had, she wanted to reply with a 'No duh . . . ' but kept her mouth shut. Being made immortal just that morning over being an immortal even just a day longer made the elder immortal more experienced.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Aspen Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:35 pm

((You can go on without me, I'm not sure if I can get a post in before I leave for Hawaii! Thanks for inviting me anyway. Smile))
Diego Aspen
Diego Aspen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

"Good." Lys said when Vani said she was fine. He could see a look in her eyes when he told her he was immortal and older than her that looked like she was saying 'well, no!'. "When I say I've been an immortal longer, you don't have a clue how much longer, do you? I was born in Athens.... in Ancient Greek, almost three thousand years ago. I was turned into an immortal during the battle of Thermopylae. I was the only one in the Spartan army of three hundred to survive. I fought at Troy with Achilles as well, and travelled with Alexander the Great - who was more crazy than great, in my opinion. And you know now that the Greek gods are real too? Because the stories of them having kids with mortals are true. My dad... my dad is Zeus."

He didn't know why he was telling Vani everything. Yes, she was immortal too, and she might look and sound like his dead wife, she might even share the same name. But she wasn't, was she? His wife had died almost a thousand years ago. If she ahd ben reborn and Lys had somehow found her, he had the Fates to thank. As it was, he needed to set off for Camp. He'd been in one place too long, and half bloods attract a lot of attention from monsters, especially if they're a child of the Big Three.

"Come on, we need to get moving. The monsters are just as real as the gods. Just because you're immortal doesn't mean they won't try to attack you. Here, you better have this." He pulled out a small keyring, with a miniature dagger charm attached by a chain. Lys tapped the ring onto the dagger three times, and the charm grew into a full sized dagger. He tapped it with the ring three times again, and it shrunk back down. "To defend yourself. I've got enough on me. Before you ask where we're off to, it's a place called Camp Half Blood. Its the only safe place in the world for people like us - those touched by the gods, or children of them."

Lys knew Vani probably didn't appreciate been told what to do, but he wanted to make sure she was safe. Even though he was a soldier, he hated seeing people get hurt. And that would be what happened. Vani wouldn't be able to die, but the monsters would cause her a lot of pain. He wanted to make sure that didn't happen. Plus, he wanted to meet others of his kind, other children of the gods. He wasn't sure if Vani was one, but if she had been made immortal, she must be important.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 am

Vani's signature smirk rose to her cracked lips when Lysander asked if she had any idea how much older he was. It wasn't as if she actually cared how much older he was. Actually when he told her about how he was alive back around ancient Greek times and how he had fought in some wars, been the only one to survive one, yada yada yada, she thought he was just showing off. Guys are so full of themselves sometimes, she thought to herself with another signature smirk.

Just moments ago, Vani had pieced together that the Greek Gods were real, so of course the stories of them going around and having kids with mortals had to be true aswell. That means the voice didn't lie. . . . she had meant to be talking to herself mentally, but it came out more as a low whisper. Because the voice didn't lie, she really was a daughter of Hades. It was hard to take in that she was the daughter of a God who seemed to be outside of everything, unaccepted by even his own brothers. That still didn't explain why every couple she had ever lived with was torn apart.

Vani's eyes opened wide with bewilderment when Lysander took out a key chain, tapped the ring on the small dagger charm, and the charm grew into a dagger. She had never seen anything like it! It was amazing! Of course she had never used a dagger before, but how much different could a dagger be from a knife? She could handle a knife pretty well, so it should be pretty easy for her. Taking the keychain, she stared at the small dagger charm, still wondering how it was possible for such a thing to happen. Shaking her head to remove herself from her daze, she stowed the keychain in her pocket.

"Camp Half-Blood," she repeated to be sure she had the information correct. The name rung a bell, as if she had been there before, but it was impossible. "Alright then, let's get going," Vani said as she began to walk off in what she thought to be the correct direction. Of course it really wasn't, and all she was doing was getting herself lost even more. But suddenly, she stopped in her tracks. What about Sandra?

"Wait, what about my sister. I'm not going anywhere until I find my sister. She's still alive, I know for a fact that she's still alive," Vani spoke with concern in her voice as she turned back to Lysander. There was no way she was going to leave Sandra out there in the world all alone. There was no way, especially since she knew that she was still alive.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:40 am

"Is she your sister by blood? Because if not, then staying away from her would be the best thing for her, the safest. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but its the truth." Lysander said, as Vani told him she wasn't going anywhere til she found her sister. Then he remembered how stubborn Vani had been before... if this one had anything of her [ersonality, she would be the same. Sighing, he added on "But if you really want to find her, I'll help. Just keep an eye out for monsters. They're everywhere these days."

He saw Vani smirk when he told her about how much older he was. Crap... she probably thinks I'm showing off.

"I sound like I'm showing off, don't I? I didn't mean it that way. Sometimes, I wish I had died in that battle at Thermopylae. I was supposed to... and I lost a lot of friends then. If dad hadn't made me immortal, I would have joined the rest of them in Elysium. It seems that now I'll never have that chance.... Living forever might seem cool, but there are times when I tire of it, when I wish I could die and join my friends. Over all that time, I've known loss. I've lost everything, and everyone, that I cared about. Life is cruel, but I get by. Although you probably know the feeling...."

Lys shook himself out of the memories of the battle, of seeing his friends scream in pain as they were slashed open, of seeing them die. They were memories every soldier would have. Been immortal, he had a lot more of those type of memories.

"Anyways... enough of that depressing subject. Lets try and find you sister then."
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 pm

It didn't matter that Sandra wasn't really her sister, the bond of living together for a few years had built a bond stronger then blood. Even if it was a big no-no to hang around her, she had to make sure at the very least that she was alright. There would be absolutly no way she would be going anywhere without Sandra. For all she knew, she was somewhere in a dark room being tortured. Vani didn't care if she would risk her own skin to go and get her. Family came first.

A sincere smile appeared on her face as Lysander told her that if she was so determined on finding her sister then he would help. "Thank you. It'll make things much easier for me seeing as I haven't the slightest clue as to where she could be." Alright, so Vani told a little white lie. She had a very general idea of where she could be, but those places were secret. Nobody outside of their family knew about them. She had already checked the majority of them around, but not all of them. Instead of explaining all this to Lysander, she would just pretend to stumble upon those places.

Elysium, the word rang throughout Vani's head when he said it. There was a dark flash in her head, she was staring at an elder version of herself (again) with a happy expression on her face. She was in Elysium. Another flash and she saw herself slightly older then now sitting in the same place. FLASH. There was another older version of herself, she was in a much more beautiful place and everyone around seemed happy, but the expression on her face was sad. A final flash showed herself (the age she currently is) standing before 12 huge humans, but she knew that they were more then just humans. They were the Gods.

Still in her daze, Vani spoke. "Four times. I've been there four times. The deal, Hades, dad kept up with his end of the deal. Olympians did not look happy." She didn't even understand what she had been saying, the words just seemed to be coming from her mouth. They came out too fast for her to piece everything together though. What all had she just said? The last thing to come out of her mouth was, "Goddess of Elysium." She hadn't even seemed to notice that Lysander was ready to find Sandra.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Four times. I've been there four times. The deal, Hades, dad kept up with his end of the deal. Olympians did not look happy. Vani babbled. Lysander looked confused. What the heck was Vani on about? Goddess of Elysium she added onto the end.

Ok.... Lys thought. What the hell does that mean?

He was confused for a second more before it clicked.

Four times. I've been there four times. Vani had, somehow, been to Elysium four times. Normally, you could only go there two, the third time you ended up on the Isles of the Blest.That was something he'd have to ask later.

The deal, Hades, dad kept up with his end of the deal. Olympians did not look happy. Vani was a daughter of Hades. It seemed he had promised her immortality if she did something. The Olypmians now looking happy was nothing new. They rarely were. Perhaps it had something to do with the deal that Vani was babbling about? Thinking about it, Lys somehow managed to connect the dots.

She's been to Elysium four times... and now she's immortal. Normally, you only go there twice or thrice.... The deal - maybe the deal was that if she made Elysium four times, she'd be immortal? I bet the other Olympians weren't that happy when dad made me immortal either.... All this went through his mind in about two seconds. What he said out loud was "Your a daughter of Hades? Crap! Two Big Three kids together is going to attract a lot of monsters! We better get moving before we get caught. Do you want to find your sister or not?"

The last bit was still going through his mind.

Goddess of Elysium... Vani was a goddess? That would be weird... especially if it turned out she really was the Vani he knew, reborn. He didn't put it past the Fates to make life weird that way. Stuff like this had happened before, and he had learned to expect the unexpected. Not that it ever made the unexpected any less of a surprise, or any less unexpected.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:19 am

"Yeah we should get moving then," Vani said with a smirk. "Although it is getting pretty late." One of the things she had picked up was that at night, you slept. Being caught out on the streets of such a big city was a big no-no. You would never know who or what would be crawling out of the sewer to walk the streets at night. She had learned that the hard way when she had first runaway. Of course the town that she had lived in was much smaller, but she knew the bigger the city the more likely it was to happen again and she wasn't going to take that chance again.

Then something else hit her mind. If anything, Vani should've been worrying about Sandra getting caught up with those people. She was still just a little girl and didn't really understand some of the things that their family did. They did it to stay alive and to be sure that they still had what they had collected the previous day. Now, to think about Sandra out there on her own, possibly still wandering the streets, she couldn't even imagine the slime that would come out of the sewers and take everything she had. The thought scared her horribly.

"Nevermind sleep!" Vani quickly said. Her tone was worried, but she had a right to be. "Come on!" said she as she grabbed Lysander by his wrist and dragged him in the direction of one of her family's 'homes'. Her paced quickened, but every now and then she would turn around to be sure that Lysander was still there with her.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Vani seemed to talk to herself for a second before running off. She kept checking back to see if Lys was keeping pace with her, which he was easily managing to do. Training had helped with this. After all, what use is a soldier who tires easily? They wouldn't stand a chance in battle.

"So, where's our first stop?" He asked. He didn't know about the little places that Vani and her 'family' had stayed at, so he didn't have a clue where her little sister could be hiding. Plus, it was starting to get dark, and no matter where you were, it was always more dangerous when it got dark. And there were more monsters out at night as well. So Lys kept an eye out as they ran.

Lets hope this isn't as bad as the run back to Sparta from Thermopylae... That was tiring! And people think the Marathon run was hard... He thought to himself. He knew it wouldn't be as bad a run, for the simple reason that Manhattan wasn't really the size of the distance. He might have gone along with the times, fitting in so he blended into the background, but his skills in these things always made him stand out. That was why he had stopped going to school a long time ago. He had always come first in the long distance races, not even out of breath and able to sprint al the way. And if he ever got into a fight, the other person ended on the fllor in seconds. It wasn't his fault - he didn't try to show off. It was just the soldier in him. Because while he might fit in most of the time, he would always be a soldier, a fighter. And that made him stand out at times. If he ever fought a monster, they could tell he was and they were more cautious, more dangerous. But somehow, they couldn't tell he was immortal.

Bringing himself back to the real world, he looked around.

"Do you have a clue where we're going?" He asked Vani. He didn't want to sound patronising, but he also didn't want to get lost in the middle of Manhattan at night time.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Ignoring Lysander's first question, Vani kept running until she reached her destination. Nobody was around, nobody. That was never a good sign. Usually there was at least one other homeless person hanging around. That was why they always had one person up on guard. Curiosity filtered through her mind, horrible thoughts about what had happened to those people who hung around her family's 'homes' killed her inside. What scared her the most was that she knew they were dead. They were deader then door nails.

"Damn . . . not here," she muttered to herself just before Lysander asked his second question. "Yes I know where I'm going!" Vani snapped at him as she stopped walking and turned towards him. She instantly regretted it though, but she was not in the mood for people to ask stupid questions. Was she not scurrying off in a specific direction? Would it not be obvious? There would be no sense in just randomly rushing around, nothing would be accomplished!

"I'm sorry," Vani's eyes averted looking at his, "I'm just. . . worried, that's all." She turned back around and began to rush off again. Her hand had never released from his wrist. Why in fact she was gripping onto him so tightly, she wouldn't have been surprised if she cut off the blood flow to his hand. Being aware of this, she loosened her grip a bit.

Approaching another one of her family's 'homes', Vani stopped just before they got there. Something was terribly wrong. The only alive person there was a vaguely familiar woman and her dog in the center of the room. Laying about them were two bodies. The woman was holding a third, and just as she let go there was a pinch of pain in her head. She had just killed them. When the woman turned around to face her 'guests', a chill was sent down her spine. It was the same woman as the night before.

The look in the monsters eyes was enough to say everything needed. Ahh looks like your chew toy has come back to play Spike. She's brought a friend too. You lucky little hell hound! Just being able to sense that made Vani nearly freeze up. She was frightened out of her wits. Even if the beast couldn't kill her now, it could still cause her lots of pain.

Pain, the word rung throughout her mind. She had made it to the Isle of the Blessed, but Vani had missed the feeling of pain.

Finally, Vani managed to speak, "W-what did you do to my sister?" Her voice was oozing with false confidence. The monster's reply had only been a smirk. The moment the smirk appeared on her face, the hell hound lunged.

"NO!" She shouted out as her hands, from their relaxed position swinging beside her, flew up in an 'X' position as if Vani was bracing herself. Closing her eyes, waiting for the pain, she realized how immensely tired she suddenly felt. When the pain was absent, slowly she opened her eyes. Standing in front of her was a skeletal warrior-like thing. It had blocked the hell hound. Confused, Vani's head turned to look at Lysander as if he might have a clue as to what had happened.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 am

As they ran, stormclouds had started to gather in the sky. The nice weather of the day was quickly turning bad, and it started to rain. Minutes later, there was a rumble of thunder, followed by a flash of lightning. Lysander felt a bit stronger as the storm continued - it seemed been the son of Zeus had a few perks. Of course, even though he felt more aware and a bit stronger, he was still worried about a monster ambush. But that was nothing new.

Vani yelled at him as he asked his second question, but he brushed it off. He was used to it. Been a soldier, he had been yelled at a lot by generals. That was all they could really do to him - if they whipped him, he'd heal and it would be useless. They couldn't execute him either, because he was immortal. So they had had to settle for yelling, and trying to assassinate him later. After all, you never know if the gods will take their gift back.... But Zeus hadn't, and the assassins had never assassinated anyone again after they'd tried to kill Lys. After all, dead people can't move.

Of course, he was proved wrong when they enetered a building and a hellhound jumped at Vani. She put her arms in an X shape, and a skelatal warrior appeared in front of her to block it. Vani looked at him, confused.

"It must be a Hades thing..." He said, in way of explanation. He didn't really know, but it sounded right. After all, Hades was the god of the dead and the underworld and stuff, so it must have been one of Vani's powers.

Then he noticed something he hadn't before. The old lady.

Oh crap! He thought. He recognised the lady, knew who she was. And it wasn't good.

"Vani... we might need to hurry up and kill that hellhound, then get out of here..." He said, not taking his eyes off of the lady.

Who was she? She was Echidna, mother of all monsters. Lys doubted that the hellhound was the only monster around this area. And Echidna had had a grudge against him last time they met, because he'd killed her children. He'd killed a lot more since then, and he knew that while she couldn't kill him, she could cause him a lot of pain.

He pulled his sword out, ready to fight. He had a feeling he'd need it.
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarvani Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:32 pm

A Hades thing? Vani asked herself as she looked towards the 'woman'. This was all just happening too fast for her to comprehend. She didn't like it, she didn't like it one bit. What would she tell Sandra when she saw her? She had probably thought that she was dead! Oh yeah, last night I did die, but then apparently the Greek Gods are real and I had achieved immortality. So now I was kinda brought back to life and now I'm just supposed to go with Lysander here to some camp. Did I forget to mention that Hades is my dad? She would sound like an utter moron! Sandra wouldn't believe any of it and end up running off. She would think it would be a trap, just like they had taught her.

Lysander began to speak just as the Hellhound growled at them. It was obviously not pleased that it had been blocked. The woman had a look of annoyance on her face. Her arms were crossed as she looked at the Hellhound expectantly. She seemed to stand a bit taller as a smug look took over the annoyance. Vani almost knew what was coming next, another attack. Thinking quickly she shoved her hand into her pocket to find it empty. Okay, where had the keychain gone? It was there just a moment ago! Begining to worry she put her hand in her other pocket and did a quick sigh. It was there.

Vani quickly pulled it out and tapped the little dagger with the ring once. Nothing happened. How many times was it again? She thought, feeling the pressure. She tapped the ring onto the mini dagger again, this time she tried twice. Still nothing. Finally she tried to tap it 3 times and the mini dagger grew to a life size one. Sadly, just as she had gotten it to it's true form the Hellhound pounced at her. She was tackled to the ground, but still had the dagger in hand. She wasn't quite sure how to use a dagger, but it couldn't have been much different then fighting with a knife. . . . right?

Acting on instinct, Vani shoved the dagger into the Hellhounds paw which was resting beside her shoulder. Sure the thing's breath smelled horrible, but when something is baring it's teeth in her face, she was more concerned over surviving then dental hygiene. Then again she was immortal now so surviving was guarenteed. The Hellhound cried out and jumped off of her. At least that part had gone through like planned. Now to kill the stupid thing.

Vani quickly jumped up and charged towards the dog. She still didn't know to fight with a dagger, but how hard was it to stab a Hellhound while it was injured? Not that difficult. That's just what she did too. She charged towards it and stabbed it in the back. A howl was let out as the monster turned to a yellow sort of dust. Coughing she turned back to Lysander.

"Erm so. . . . yeah. . . " Was all Vani could manage to say. Just as she finished speaking the woman started to laugh, to laugh! "I think now would be a great time to get out of here. . . . " She said with a look of sadness upon her face. If they left she would never get information about Sandra. She couldn't stop worrying about her. To her, she was family, her only family left.
Sarvani
Sarvani

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysander Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:23 am

Lys saw Vani take out the hellhound with her dagger. The monster turned to dust, and Vani suggested that they get out of there.

"I doubt it's going to be as easy as that." He told her. He had had a doubt that it was Echidna, but then he had seen something that pushed all doubt out of his mind. Or rather, several somethings.The forked tonue flickering through her fanged teeth. Her scaly green arms. Her eyes, with the pupils that were sideways slits, like a reptile's. "Oh no... It is you..."

The lady heard him, and her laugh grew louder.

"Yes, it is I! Behold! I am Echidna, Mother of Monsters!" She proclaimed, as if she was one of those crazy people on the streets preaching about the end of the world. She definitely got the 'crazy' right.

"Echidna? Isn't that a type of anteater?" Lys asked. He knew he was goading her and that he probably shouldn't make her angry - but angry people make mistakes.

And angry was exactly what Echidna got. She howled, her face going green and brown from rage. "I hate it when people say that! I hate Australia, naming that stupid animal after me! The last person to say that to me was Percy Jackson... and even he couldn't defeat my children and I!" As she ranted, a glimmer of recognision showed in her eyes. "You! What are you still doing alive? You should've died centuries ago!"

Lys shrugged. The longer he kept Echidna talking, or ranting, the more time Vani had to escape. Lys wanted to finish Echidna off for a while. She'd reform in Tatarus, but probably slowly, due to her been such a powerful monster. "Meh.... That's kinda the point of immortality. It stops you dying. Not that any of your brats understood that. So I had to send them on a fun trip - to Tartarus!"

Echidna seemed to get even angrier than she was before. "My children! You killed them! You might not be able to die, but I can have you torn to shreds. It will be very painful, and it will take a while for you to pull yourself back together. And everytime you do, I will tear you apart again!"

The Mother of Monsters motioned, and they were surrounded by monsters. And one ferral Chihuahua, it seemed. Of course, the Chihuahua started drooling and growing, until it was a full sized Chimera. Nope, Vani and himself weren't going to be getting out of here anytime soon.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!"

((Yes, I stole that bit about the anteater from TLT. XD ))
Lysander
Lysander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next